Gucci says yes to pastels (autumn/winter collection'14'15)



Hey guys,
I hope you like my previous post, I'm back again with a vengeance lol
So a lot of people including myself get this misconception that you should wear darker colours when it starts to get colder. Frida Giannini designer of Gucci, says scrap that! In her autumn collection she has given us whole new perspective on wearing lighter clothes in the autum season. I love the concept of wearing pastels it's very creative .Her palette was beautifully subdued; sage green, dusty pink, duck egg blue, mustard and a cheetah-print pony skin. Sleeveless A-line dresses with bibbed fronts popped up again and again in various guises, and were mostly paired with square-heeled python boots, or otherwise, a neat update on the house’s signature snaffle loafer: now it morphs into a knee high boot, and it set looks off with an authentic Sixties swing. It is young, girlish, and extremely attainable. 
I love textures she used in the collection , the contrast between the shabbiness of the fur jackets and the smoothness of the leather it's so engaging. In the first picture I absolutely love the pastel pink jacket it is giving me complete life right now YESS hunny! l. It's gorgeous, prefect transitional piece as well ,it could possibly be worn all year round. The fur jacket trend in colder seasons are very common but they are normally brown or black which is basic but I love the twist on pastel furs it screams luxurious and expensive which is how all girls like to feel right? I know I do! Lol. I love love the structured jackets , they are very sexy and androgynous you can see there's such a blurriness in the femininity of the clothes which makes the collection even more mysterious.

Overall, Frida Giannini did a excellent job! She's always been a favourite designer of mine but she really out done her self. I will definitely be exploring my colour palette even further. Don't worry I will still be rocking my dark shades in autumn but will defo more colour!

Stay fashionable xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love that dusky pink colour, I shall carry some of my spring pieces through the autumn then...if Gucci insists!
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing collection! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author


A fashion blogger with a penchant for shoes,prints and anything grey! My style is very back to the basics type of style, my ultimate thing to do is mix textures! FashionWithDebra is my personal style journal. Thank you for stopping by and sharing this journey through fashion with me. [For any queries, please contact me at debragirl019@gmail.com] I appreciate every comment and every follower Stay fashionable xxx



Part of the next blogger network